Every day’s prayer
May a bright and cheerful
Morning knock at the door.
May all rays of the sun
Keep us holy and pure in thoughts.
May we hear the chirpings
Of beautiful birds
In our neighbourhood.
May my every breath
Take your name.
May my heart beat for you.
May we help someone
Who is in a big trouble
May we make promises
Not to lie any more
May we sing a song
For the world.
May we follow good things
May we not hurt anybody’s feelings.
May we show everyone
The right path
Who has lost the way.
May the night be sound
May the moon scatter its light on us
May the stars twinkle like diamond in the sky
May our dreams come true
In the next morning with a prayer.
Pushkar Bisht's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Every day’s prayer by Pushkar Bisht )
- I am in love with you, ambitious blessing
- Figurines, Mike Acker
- A Hot Summers Day, David Harris
- Prohibited passions, Luca Menin
- When Life Turns Topsyturvy, Toshie Nohara
- Oneiros, Don Prem Legaspi
- Ah, me!, Frank Avon
- The man and the mirror, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Restive journey away from home, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Suryakant Tripathi 'Nirala'
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)