Expense of Life (dedicated to my parents)
So much money going out
So little money comin' in.
Workin' hard for the week
sweatin' and wishin' for the long day to end.
Volunterin' to work them extra hours
makin' less than minium wage..
Lookin up high askin' God for courage and strength.
Hopin' and wishin' that you can find it deep within'.
Dreamin' of havin' your own
keepin' your head up high
but quick to swallow your pride.
Facin' humiliation at times
that tears of anger and hurt flows down your
But you know there's a God and you take it to the
Going to him for comfort and wisdome
you feel good because you walked in him.
Thankin' God for your life
prayin' that he'll keep you livin' long
to see a little of whats to come.
Seeing the life of your young
happiness flows through your heart.
But those tough times you face jus tears you apart.
You feel as though you have a broken heart,
God heals your pain
and blesses your day with a little rain.
You see what he has blessed you with,
and say 'this is such a bliss Lord, I thank you for this.'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Expense of Life (dedicated to my parents) by chantaria stmarc )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- First crop, gajanan mishra
- You seek, hasmukh amathalal
- The Baddest Bitch In America, Electric Lady
- All gimmick, gajanan mishra
- Alcoholism, Bijay Kant Dubey
- He Takes To Not Wine, But Wine Keeps Him.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Cigarette Smoker's World, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Solace, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- The Battles I Win, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Life is No Playground, Cynthia BuhainBaello