Expense of Life (dedicated to my parents)
So much money going out
So little money comin' in.
Workin' hard for the week
sweatin' and wishin' for the long day to end.
Volunterin' to work them extra hours
makin' less than minium wage..
Lookin up high askin' God for courage and strength.
Hopin' and wishin' that you can find it deep within'.
Dreamin' of havin' your own
keepin' your head up high
but quick to swallow your pride.
Facin' humiliation at times
that tears of anger and hurt flows down your
But you know there's a God and you take it to the
Going to him for comfort and wisdome
you feel good because you walked in him.
Thankin' God for your life
prayin' that he'll keep you livin' long
to see a little of whats to come.
Seeing the life of your young
happiness flows through your heart.
But those tough times you face jus tears you apart.
You feel as though you have a broken heart,
God heals your pain
and blesses your day with a little rain.
You see what he has blessed you with,
and say 'this is such a bliss Lord, I thank you for this.'
chantaria stmarc's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Expense of Life (dedicated to my parents) by chantaria stmarc )
- When money comes first, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- After the Ice Storm, Deborah Eker
- extremely, lee fones
- Confessions of a Cat Lover, Deborah Eker
- Amelia, My Brother's Cat, Deborah Eker
- First Trimester, Donal Mahoney
- erotic terminology, lee fones
- The place of defeat, Terry Mitchison
- Father: Every Morning of His Life, Donal Mahoney
- Winter here الشتاء هنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The British, Benjamin Zephaniah
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Dis poetry, Benjamin Zephaniah
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(15 April 1958)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)