Hannah Bryson Price
Walking briskly down the hall,
A crowd of people, here I try not to fall.
A brief moment I cast my eyes forward.
As fate would have it, I am the one you are walking toward.
Time slows as we make the connection,
And I am scared and excited with great complexion.
There I see your heart and soul
I cannot read you easily; you have many parts to your whole.
You are conflicted, I can tell.
And now that I am constantly under your spell,
Why do you only speak this way?
It is hard to look up every day.
Maybe I am over analyzing,
But it still doesn't explain why your look is paralyzing.
I do not know the color or shade,
But we both have friendly smiles, and then they fade.
We break the connection and I see a strange sight.
As if you just might-
Hesitate and say hello or something.
You don't and that is just the thing.
We already pass, I should have said hi.
When I look up my mouth is dry,
I continue to ponder what might have happened if I did.
Hannah Bryson Price's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eyes by Hannah Bryson Price )
- Winter, Neela Nath
- How wonder, gajanan mishra
- Fortunate enough, hasmukh amathalal
- To Bob Whelan on Discussing Pablo Neruda, Bill Grace
- Intense drive, hasmukh amathalal
- My totality, gajanan mishra
- The Other Side Of The Story, mary douglas
- Journey end, hasmukh amathalal
- Phantasies Only Relief, Numbing (me), Lonely Voyager
- Offer with promises, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Cause And Effect, Charles Bukowski
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)