Hannah Bryson Price
Walking briskly down the hall,
A crowd of people, here I try not to fall.
A brief moment I cast my eyes forward.
As fate would have it, I am the one you are walking toward.
Time slows as we make the connection,
And I am scared and excited with great complexion.
There I see your heart and soul
I cannot read you easily; you have many parts to your whole.
You are conflicted, I can tell.
And now that I am constantly under your spell,
Why do you only speak this way?
It is hard to look up every day.
Maybe I am over analyzing,
But it still doesn't explain why your look is paralyzing.
I do not know the color or shade,
But we both have friendly smiles, and then they fade.
We break the connection and I see a strange sight.
As if you just might-
Hesitate and say hello or something.
You don't and that is just the thing.
We already pass, I should have said hi.
When I look up my mouth is dry,
I continue to ponder what might have happened if I did.
Hannah Bryson Price's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eyes by Hannah Bryson Price )
Did you read them?
- दिनैनि सानरेबाव, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Storm Within, Erika Wingo
- The Beloved XXXVI, Sadiqullah Khan
- Last Inks XXXVII, Sadiqullah Khan
- Sit silently, hasmukh amathalal
- Only People XXXVIII, Sadiqullah Khan
- Music to My Ears XXXIX, Sadiqullah Khan
- Naked Storm XL, Sadiqullah Khan
- Democracy in Decay XLI, Sadiqullah Khan
- Boundless Honor XLII, Sadiqullah Khan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Hunger, Jayanta Mahapatra
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)