Hannah Bryson Price
Walking briskly down the hall,
A crowd of people, here I try not to fall.
A brief moment I cast my eyes forward.
As fate would have it, I am the one you are walking toward.
Time slows as we make the connection,
And I am scared and excited with great complexion.
There I see your heart and soul
I cannot read you easily; you have many parts to your whole.
You are conflicted, I can tell.
And now that I am constantly under your spell,
Why do you only speak this way?
It is hard to look up every day.
Maybe I am over analyzing,
But it still doesn't explain why your look is paralyzing.
I do not know the color or shade,
But we both have friendly smiles, and then they fade.
We break the connection and I see a strange sight.
As if you just might-
Hesitate and say hello or something.
You don't and that is just the thing.
We already pass, I should have said hi.
When I look up my mouth is dry,
I continue to ponder what might have happened if I did.
Hannah Bryson Price's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eyes by Hannah Bryson Price )
Did you read them?
- Lost in you, David Lessard
- Cold hearts, Over The Moon
- All I want is a friendship, Alice Cordy
- Many Mistakes, Michael McParland
- Happy 18th Birthday, Alice Cordy
- Above the Storm, Alice Cordy
- a rainy day@ kidapawan, RIC S. BASTASA
- Provocation, Over The Moon
- Be patient, hasmukh amathalal
- memory lane@tabon, RIC S. BASTASA
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 March 1941 -)