I grew up
before the age of false economy
before fashion’s invention
of the false pocket.
I have learned to check.
What may look like a pocket
may be only that
but you have to look
if what looks like a pocket
is a pocket.
Bill Grace's Other Poems
- * A Prose Quote from Walt Whitman Approp...
- :) God in Texas
- :) Friendship's Costs
- :) Second Cookie?
- :) Two Young Women Starting Well
- :) Marriage Anniversary
- :) Mom Remembered Past Her Death's Ann...
- :) My Dad's Classic Faith
- :) Of Icons That Hum, VROOM and Someti...
- :) Recipe For A Perfect Cup Of Coffee
- :) Reflection on Three Robert Frost Po...
- :) Russia
- :) Yes, Professor Cohen!
- :) Advice To A Poet On Witness Of His A...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.