A tree and its shadow
And a dreamy meadow
Waiting for someone....
The Shadow asks ' how is she doing? '
Tree whispers ' shhh! sleeping'
'oops! sorry' says shadow and waits
waiting...they are for the flower that sleeps
on a thin green brunch of the tree
The tree, now drowsy, as sun
Readies itself to set, for the night
and the little shadow? it grows unwatched
With the dimming light
The Tree sleeps,
The meadow sleeps
and the man inside it
Is in slumber too
Tiny little shadow grows into night
Embraces life with darkness punctured with lights
Sun rays come running back to the tree
Tree asks 'my shadow? where IS he? '
the Tallest palm tree, sky abreast
says 'i think I saw him running northwest! '
The Shadow creeps in and stands upon a pebble
Says ' i wana see...i wana see! ' with boyish charm
Then The flower finally falls
Into shadow's lap
'shh! she's still taking a nap! '
says tree to his friend
Wind blows, it wants to play with her
The sleeping beauty, The flower
'Look! Look! ...she's smiling!
She's happy! she must be dreaming! '
The shadow hushes, excited!
A girl comes out of the hut...
Takes the flower, the sweet, from Shadows lap
What will you do with her, little girl?
She's taking a nap! '
'I'll play with it', the little girl says
The Shadow starts crying
The tree wishpers...
' dont cry dear...let it be...
Tommorrow morning You'll see
Our flower is back with us
On your lap she's lying!
Night comes again
Tree and its shadow sleeps
with Dreamy smiles on their lips
Dawn brings light to the tree and shadow
They wake up and see
Adorned with Dew drops like some rare gems
Their Sweet little flower is back with them!
Saurabh Som's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fantasy... by Saurabh Som )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
Poem of the Day
- Let us go, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- ~Hell On Earth Is Art In Heaven~, E Nigma
- BABIES LOVE, Christina Sunrise
- ANGER STEMS FROM PAIN, Christina Sunrise
- ACTION IS WHERE IT STARTS, Christina Sunrise
- Night terrors, Ryan Brodesser
- River Ran Red, Kim Barney
- KRIG, Gunnar Mo.
- Sink the Dream Boat, Babbling Brookes
- AFFIRMATIONS, Christina Sunrise