Fear is yellow like a robin’s belly.
Fear is the sound of leather shoes.
Fear grates its nails on the cheese shredder.
Fear laughs when dogs howl.
Fear makes a belly naked.
Fear creeps with slow duck feet.
Fear leaps like lightening in a storm.
Fear huddles like a toad in a barn.
Fear asks no questions except one.
Fear wants nothing except all.
Fear longs for ice-cream turned to cream.
Fear is ashes swarming in a belly.
Fear takes everything, leaving only popcorn in great balls.
Fear is the presence of dead roaches, turned right side up.
Fear is aspirin dusted to powder.
Fear is pain squeezed like play-dough.
Fear whispers a hundred truths wrapped like fries served cold.
Fear weeps when the light comes.
Charlotte Ballard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fear by Charlotte Ballard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Private Obsession, Electric Lady
- Dispossessed Nests By Jayanta Mahapatra, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Princess, Gabriel Jirgba
- THE PRETTY RAMADAN IS GOING TO EXPIRE AF.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Lullaby For The Doomed, Willian Menuci
- into her goblet, gordon nosworthy
- Night's Tale, Willian Menuci
- Soldiers, Tony Adah
- Morning Hymn, David Lessard
- How Bluntly Speak They, The CPI(M) Even.., Bijay Kant Dubey