So many different interpretations.
Three simple words
Yet with uncertain results
It can imply possession,
The right to make demands,
With little need to give in return.
No more the need for affection.
It implies forever.
It can be the desire to give
Happiness, pleasure, comfort,
To value, respect and share.
An offer of unfailing friendship,
A shelter from the storm.
It may be forever, it may not.
Through life we become too afraid.
That which our souls tell us should enrich
We fear will destroy.
The emotion filling us with joy, we know,
Is destined to bring us sorrow.
Will I ever know when it is safe?
Will I ever again take the chance?
Or from here on will I stay emotionally mute?
Forever fearful to say once more
“I love you”
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fearful by Susan Ash )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- No More Dear Daddy!, Jyothirmia Uppu
- Invited To Explore, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Only One Way That Can Be Interpreted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ANNE FRANK FANTASIZES, jack peachum
- Psalm 065, Forrest Hainline
- The Village that Wasn't There!, David Lewis Paget
- start eating sushi now, wasabi warriors, Mandolyn Davidson
- Radha, Radha, Radha, You Are My Radha, Bijay Kant Dubey
- THE CHILDREN OF GOD, Tom Zart
- थांनो लामा हो, Bahadur Basumatary