Raihana Abdul Jabbar
When I touched the snow,
I didn't feel the flow of thermal energy.
For my fingers were freezing cold.
I strained to hear a rustle,
But I realized, the sound waves,
Had less amplitude and frequency than my heart beats.
If broken glass would cut through my leather shoes,
I wouldn't sense the pain.
Because my feet tingles in numbness.
I knew, fear was gripping me.
Holding on, creating a covalent bond.
Terrifying, chilling and savouring my mind.
I called for help with a dry, aching throat.
Voiceless, I shuddered at the thought.
Prayers, they call, to the greatest Lord.
Suddenly, the lamp shone,
Lighting my trembling soul, filing it,
With music, warmth and life.
Reassured. He's with me and I'm fearless.
Raihana Abdul Jabbar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fearless by Raihana Abdul Jabbar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- A Lonely Princess, Steve Kittell
- Recife Dogs Haiku, Kim Barney
- Pausing - That Was All, Frank Avon
- Truth, Please, Sandra Feldman
- can I be..., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- As You Laid There, GJG Elton
- At the market..., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- Below, Frank Avon
- God's own..., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- 2 Fast And The Furious, Mark Harper