Robert William Service
Fi-Fi In Bed
Up into the sky I stare;
All the little stars I see;
And I know that God is there
O, how lonely He must be!
Me, I laugh and leap all day,
Till my head begins to nod;
He's so great, He cannot play:
I am glad I am not God.
Poor kind God upon His throne,
Up there in the sky so blue,
Always, always all alone . . .
"Please, dear God, I pity You."
Robert William Service's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fi-Fi In Bed by Robert William Service )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Poem of the Day
- Open the floodgate.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- A Dream Of Death,, Luo Zhihai
- Feeling Your Spirit, Michael P. McParland
- Word, Birgitta Heikka
- Ganjaraja And His Associates/Ganjaraja W.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Royal Presidio Chapel, Monterey California, Steven Federle
- the apple of my I, Prophmatt . . .
- And Then There Was Love, Sandra Feldman
- Sigh, Erwick Brandon
- Marwari Businessman Father-in-law Want I.., Bijay Kant Dubey