And in the midnight hours of my heart
when sun gives way to moon
and crystal stars,
when roses turn away
and dim lights find,
a way to live beneath my eyes and hide,
I hold you to my soul and in I breathe,
and love's complexities.
With not a word to stumble
from my lips,
we watch a world's eternity that lived
in shadows, as we lay in fire light.
Holding fast to this,
our only night,
as I will be a dream by next sunrise.
And on without you, I live not
a worthy life.
Until, again, your lips
find my own
I'd live to die most faithful,
Violet Winters's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fidelity by Violet Winters )
- On Edge at Midnight, Kimani wa Mumbi
- Why do we need friends, Bineeta Kharga
- My Body ain't a Lab, it's a Temple. Wors.., Kimani wa Mumbi
- Black Pine Tree In An Orange Light, Sylvia Plath
- treasure and love, sultan mahmud
- Gulliver, Sylvia Plath
- Dare to speak out loud, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- All Were You, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- A Winter Ship, Sylvia Plath
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #06, Ronjoy Brahma