Fighting The Devil
When we argue - I must concede
Because on this the devil feeds.
The devil gets his greatest sensation
When he disrupts any relation.
He is there waiting for the spark to ignite
So we can begin to fight.
He knows that love can conquer all
And waits for us to weaken so we can fall.
Like a lion waiting for its prey
In the bush he will lay.
The devil has many stomping grounds
And you never know when he's around.
His greatest victory is when we go astray
And to GOD we no longer pray.
Yet he can not tell what's in the heart of man
When we decide to take a stand.
Since We were blessed at our birth
With his holy water from this earth.
And we were taught right from wrong
And we became very strong
We will fight whatever the devil
throws our way, and live to fight another day.
So to the devil I say to you
With a pure heart there is
Nothing that you can do.
We have - FAITH, HOPE, AND LOVE
Given to us from up above.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fighting The Devil by louis rams )
- I stashed my life, Aftab Alam
- the right self, RIC S. BASTASA
- Am I different?, gajanan mishra
- Drops on Earth, binod bastola
- On Her Bed She Lay, White Lily
- Agree for help, hasmukh amathalal
- Scriptures, gajanan mishra
- Mazdoor Bachey, Bano Ali
- She Says, Joseph Narusiewicz
- In the Company of my Muse, Valsa George
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)