Fighting The Enemy
You could have stayed back in the sun.
But you sail in the stormy ocean
You brave the cold nights
While the fire burns out in the hearth
You dive deep and climb high
Never choosing the calm, not afraid to die!
You could have stayed back in the sun
Enjoying peace and the mundane fun
But you choose the flower's thorn
You grab the bull by the horn,
You know you have to overcome and win
The battle against the enemy within!
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fighting The Enemy by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
Did you read them?
- Achilles Awaking, Louis Borgo
- escape to free, Liffy Liu
- Am I the sun?, gajanan mishra
- Money Or Value, Louis Borgo
- Peace be unto you!, gajanan mishra
- No road sense, hasmukh amathalal
- goals II, douglas scotney
- Two Beautiful Glittering Stars, Aftab Alam
- Consoling Arms, Gerry Legister
- islamic state, douglas scotney
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)