which do you like best?
the shrill ascent from the floating station?
arching a path unseen,
but guessed with breathless expectation?
or the fiery 'oh, my'
where whatso happens in the sky
mirrors what happens in your head
mirroring what happens overhead?
or the dazzling drizzle
into the drink, that says 'show's over':
the fading rain of colors dis-
appearing with a muffled hiss?
that's my personal favorite-
why, you can guess:
so much depends on where we sit
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fireworks by Morgan Michaels )
- Equinox, Lawrence Beck
- One's sadness or happiness, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Auto rikshaw., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Invocation of Rain, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- Harness Racing (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 4, ramesh rai
- Light vs Smoke, Adele Bercich
- Just the beginning of that pretty Fall ف.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Fulani and His Cattle, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- LOVE, DRASHI SHAH
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Remnants Left Behind, Heather Burns
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)