Palas Kumar Ray
I will fail to explain how but I know by now
Poetry is food for many others like me.
Like every other food everyday in my dish
Pieces of delicious Poetry need be served.
Mostly I like to intake poetry self made.
Repeatedly I intake the same poetry dish
Which everyday tastes different, day after day.
I don't know how good or bad this food is
But it works well to keep me fresh everyday.
I'm not insomniac but hardly I get to sleep
only few hours as poetry keeps me awake.
Poetry keeps me awake even when I sleep.
Poetry keeps me asleep when I'm awake.
And I also know this also happens to you.
But people in general will not understand.
I also live with those people who do not
understand what I fail to explain But
they are the beautiful people I think about.
You must be living with many of them
who have mindsets differently molded.
They need no food as such and therefore
I feel no urge to share my food with them.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Food by Palas Kumar Ray )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Poem of the Day
- Fighting a hard fight, Peter Strugnell
- Ballade [I die of thirst beside the foun.., François Villon
- To Rosemounde, Geoffrey Chaucer
- Jo aashiqui me sarvsrestha hota hai, Sumit Rawat
- Amor vincit omnia, Suhail Kakorvi
- Stilling to North, Arthur Sze
- Counting the Days, Leonard Champlin
- Blue or Green, James Galvin
- By Sun Arisen, Saiom Shriver
- From Weapon To Lifegiver, Saiom Shriver