Palas Kumar Ray
I will fail to explain how but I know by now
Poetry is food for many others like me.
Like every other food everyday in my dish
Pieces of delicious Poetry need be served.
Mostly I like to intake poetry self made.
Repeatedly I intake the same poetry dish
Which everyday tastes different, day after day.
I don't know how good or bad this food is
But it works well to keep me fresh everyday.
I'm not insomniac but hardly I get to sleep
only few hours as poetry keeps me awake.
Poetry keeps me awake even when I sleep.
Poetry keeps me asleep when I'm awake.
And I also know this also happens to you.
But people in general will not understand.
I also live with those people who do not
understand what I fail to explain But
they are the beautiful people I think about.
You must be living with many of them
who have mindsets differently molded.
They need no food as such and therefore
I feel no urge to share my food with them.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Food by Palas Kumar Ray )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Mysterious Beauty, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Complex Mind, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Twin stars, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Triangle Love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- In this city, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Silent Assassin, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Sweet Babe, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- La cura' el mate, Leónidas Lamborghini
- Cymbal of time, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- বিবেকের দংশন, Amitava Sur