For ever with the Lord!
'For ever with the Lord!'
Amen, so let it be;
Life from the dead is in that word,
Here in the body pent,
Absent from Him I roam;
Yet nightly pitch my moving tent
A day's march nearer home.
My father's house on high,
Home of my soul, how near;
At times to faith's foreseeing eye,
Thy golden gates appear!
In darkness as in light
Hidden alike from view,
I sleep, I wake within his sight
Who looks existence through.
From the dim hour of birth,
Through every changing state
Of mortal pilgrimage on earth,
Till its appointed date;
All that I am, have been,
All that I yet may be,
He sees at once, as He hath seen,
And shall for ever see.
Be Thou at my right hand,
Then can I never fail;
Uphold Thou me, and I shall stand,
Fight, and I must prevail.
James Montgomery's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For ever with the Lord! by James Montgomery )
- Oh! Divinity, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- Άνεμος, Angelos Ioannou
- Forever, Frank Avon
- SHADOWS, Donald R Charon
- Crying Bee, Steve Kittell
- Walk the Walk, Donald R Charon
- To Smile Even In Sadness, Rohit Sapra
- In secrets, gajanan mishra
- A-DOODLE-DO, Donald R Charon
- Nostalgia- Song of the Expatriate, S.zaynub Kamoonpuri
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)