For ever with the Lord!
'For ever with the Lord!'
Amen, so let it be;
Life from the dead is in that word,
Here in the body pent,
Absent from Him I roam;
Yet nightly pitch my moving tent
A day's march nearer home.
My father's house on high,
Home of my soul, how near;
At times to faith's foreseeing eye,
Thy golden gates appear!
In darkness as in light
Hidden alike from view,
I sleep, I wake within his sight
Who looks existence through.
From the dim hour of birth,
Through every changing state
Of mortal pilgrimage on earth,
Till its appointed date;
All that I am, have been,
All that I yet may be,
He sees at once, as He hath seen,
And shall for ever see.
Be Thou at my right hand,
Then can I never fail;
Uphold Thou me, and I shall stand,
Fight, and I must prevail.
James Montgomery's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For ever with the Lord! by James Montgomery )
- Rain and the Glass Window, Ismim Putera
- Come Away With Me, Almedia Knight Oliver
- Stone Heart, Rose Marie Nizamuddin
- Philosophizing Impurity, Aaron Lynn
- Actions follow one another, Almedia Knight Oliver
- Chini Kwa Chini, michael walkerjohn
- The Nature's Paradise, Eshan Gupta
- Welcome celebration, hasmukh amathalal
- Flow with time, hasmukh amathalal
- five hundred and whatever..., Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)