A poem for me
Not for you, her, them, or anybody!
No this poem is for the future me less I forget whom I must be
So my vision doesn't blur or I lose the keenness of the future I see for me
The man I hope to be.
You see I like nice things.
Big house, nice car and me as beautiful as god made me to be
With you by my side
Is the way it will be.
Like a kite lost in the wind, free I will be no master or boss pulling the strings.
No not the future me.
You may see this as cocky or conceited, maybe but you don't know the path I've set before me. only I, yes me, can see or be what will come to be the future holds for me.
This poem, this life, this time?
This time this one is for me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (for me by Colin Wongk )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 July 1793 – 20 May 1864)
(October 13th 1990)
(13-7-31 (see reverse))
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1320 – 1392)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Tiger, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- General Gordon, the Hero of Khartoum, Max Plowman
- Limerick-73, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- MOTHER, KASINIVENTHAN MUTHURAMALINGAM
- The Monkey, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Krampus, Ima Ryma
- For My Love, Sandra Feldman
- I love To Run, Patrick Sant
- My Exploding Stomach, RUBAB ATWAL
- The Lifelong Comrades, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- LAST TIME, Terry Collett