A poem for me
Not for you, her, them, or anybody!
No this poem is for the future me less I forget whom I must be
So my vision doesn't blur or I lose the keenness of the future I see for me
The man I hope to be.
You see I like nice things.
Big house, nice car and me as beautiful as god made me to be
With you by my side
Is the way it will be.
Like a kite lost in the wind, free I will be no master or boss pulling the strings.
No not the future me.
You may see this as cocky or conceited, maybe but you don't know the path I've set before me. only I, yes me, can see or be what will come to be the future holds for me.
This poem, this life, this time?
This time this one is for me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (for me by Colin Wongk )
- Kamikaze Heart, Kewayne Wadley
- 难道你真是一片云（ Don't you is really a cloud? ）, qin xing
- Assuring Voice, Somanathan Iyer
- Synchronization, SALINI NAIR
- Best World, Kolade Seun
- For you, rest in peace, Cigeng Zhang
- Moon Beams, Yohan Confectioner
- Falling Through, Claudia Scott
- City Of Angels, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Everything is Measured, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns