A poem for me
Not for you, her, them, or anybody!
No this poem is for the future me less I forget whom I must be
So my vision doesn't blur or I lose the keenness of the future I see for me
The man I hope to be.
You see I like nice things.
Big house, nice car and me as beautiful as god made me to be
With you by my side
Is the way it will be.
Like a kite lost in the wind, free I will be no master or boss pulling the strings.
No not the future me.
You may see this as cocky or conceited, maybe but you don't know the path I've set before me. only I, yes me, can see or be what will come to be the future holds for me.
This poem, this life, this time?
This time this one is for me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (for me by Colin Wongk )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Letting Go, favour ugwumba
- Paw, saw, raw, law!, Edward Kofi Louis
- नोँखौ मोजां मोन्नायल' नङा, Ronjoy Brahma
- - Μαέστρος, Giorgio A. V.
- Μαέστρος, Giorgio A. V.
- Culprits!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Beautiful Woman II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bring Them Up, Edward Kofi Louis
- Argument, Leslie Philibert
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -102, Ronjoy Brahma