RIC S. BASTASA
for Mr. Shepherd.
easier said than done, that it must
be something always new,
untrodden path, uncharted ocean
carrying nothing but the flow
no ideas please he said, plain
texture, tone, color,
most importantly it must have
perfume of flowers with specific
scientific names, something that
my hands can feel and my nose can
smell, vibrant as a beat of a drum
hands synchronized with fingers hitting
the animal skin,
skin of a tiger, or a lizard
that crocodile look of a komodo
dragon inside the stone cage somewhere
in jakarta, where can all these lead me?
'do not bring it to me? ' you said,
you exclaimed, ' i had been dead'.
a very lonely white morning glory
wilted on the fence and now it is dark
and people are away in their
own private sleep.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (for Mr. Shepherd. by RIC S. BASTASA )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- No se amor, Sergio Jaime
- Haiku: Colored Perceptions, Brian Johnston
- Poppy and Moppy, Brian P FitzGerald
- 'Nightmare of 'Annabel Lee', Shania K. Younce
- I heard him, Nassy Fesharaki
- WAIL ON, WOLE, Onwuasoanya FCC Jones
- Allegory 1, Tori Bachue
- An Interesting Breed They Are, Monk E. Biz
- Revolution Brings Salvation, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Unity (Haiku), Diwakar Pokhriyal