For My Little Sister
deep dimpled knees blush
singing 'hail mar' full 'a -
jesus, bless da good people.'
play house. you're-the-dog.
dogs eat love with
ketchup on it. please
step aside, deeper one.
eyes sunk in brown living more than most.
legs thick with needle jabs.
in your loving. try. remember the pain
done in morning. you forget like a
but you cuddle life, grinning
sophistly. make me understand how it means to be
a person starving in China.
Donna Ialongo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For My Little Sister by Donna Ialongo )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Stars Within Your Eyes, Anthony Daniels
- Lifes Path, Jonathan Walker
- Guilt, Anthony Daniels
- Lustful Visions X3: Too Much To Handle, Anthony Daniels
- It's All My Fault, Erwick Brandon
- Heart, Jahan zaib
- Lustful Visions: In On The Action, Anthony Daniels
- Barack Obama, Thank You, For The Speech .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Lustful Visions, Anthony Daniels
- No Words Spoken, Anthony Daniels