For My Little Sister
deep dimpled knees blush
singing 'hail mar' full 'a -
jesus, bless da good people.'
play house. you're-the-dog.
dogs eat love with
ketchup on it. please
step aside, deeper one.
eyes sunk in brown living more than most.
legs thick with needle jabs.
in your loving. try. remember the pain
done in morning. you forget like a
but you cuddle life, grinning
sophistly. make me understand how it means to be
a person starving in China.
Donna Ialongo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For My Little Sister by Donna Ialongo )
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy
- The Poem, Neil Kennett
- Arrival of Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Want You Woman, Luva Boy
- Almost A White Horse, mary douglas
- The Tall Ride, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Paces, Neil Kennett
- ህድደን ዎርልድስ - Hidden Worlds, Is It Poetry
- The blind man., richard harris