Found my dad.
So many years I looked for him.
Not knowing what I'd find.
Sometimes things looked so grim
I thought I'd loose my mind.
And then oneday a ray of light
The name and man are one the same
On that day and through the night.
I no longer felt insain.
But now that I have found my DAD!
I have a lot to fear.
That he may become so sad.
Of things that I've done he'll hear.
All we can do is just begin.
To start a friendship bond.
For I know that I'll miss him.
When we part and he is gone.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Found my dad. by Richard Lane )
- A Spray of Water: Tanka [one narcissus], Chimako Tada
- And water lies plainly, Laurie Sheck
- Three Little Words, Adam Wilson
- Smile 1, Suresh Dogra
- Inertia of Mind, Aftab Alam
- Page By Page, Katherine Perry
- Break pen, hasmukh amathalal
- Water, Robert Lowell
- Soaking Up Essence Of Meaning, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Full interest, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)