After Spanish Proverb
Oh, mercifullest one of all,
Oh, generous as dear,
None lived so lowly, none so small,
Thou couldst withhold thy tear:
How swift, in pure compassion,
How meek in charity,
To offer friendship to the one
Who begged but love of thee!
Oh, gentle word, and sweetest said!
Oh, tender hand, and first
To hold the warm, delicious bread
To lips burned black of thirst.
Dorothy Parker's Other Poems
Read poems about / on: love
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (After Spanish Proverb by Dorothy Parker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Why Wouldn't the Indus Wash Away Our Sor.., Afzal Ahmed Syed
- Aladdin's Lamp, Aftab Alam
- Time Is Against Them, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- For Us, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- The Death of Stella D'Cruz1, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- If My Voice Is Not Reaching You, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- DE-HOLOCAUSTIZE THE SIX MILLION JEWS, alexander opicho
- Pen And Paper, ali chukwuemeka
- Decoy, Aftab Alam
- My plaints, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj