Are You The New Person, Drawn Toward Me?
ARE you the new person drawn toward me?
To begin with, take warning--I am surely far different from what you
Do you suppose you will find in me your ideal?
Do you think it so easy to have me become your lover?
Do you think the friendship of me would be unalloy'd satisfaction?
Do you think I am trusty and faithful?
Do you see no further than this façade--this smooth and tolerant
manner of me?
Do you suppose yourself advancing on real ground toward a real heroic
Have you no thought, O dreamer, that it may be all maya, illusion?
Walt Whitman's Other Poems
Read poems about / on: warning
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are You The New Person, Drawn Toward Me? by Walt Whitman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- I Dreamed Of A Language, mary douglas
- Snow Globe Vision Of La Belle Et La Bete, mary douglas
- Flower in snow, ramesh rai
- how to remember me, chip reed
- The Man Who Died, Lawrence Beck
- The Cantos, Nassy Fesharaki
- Passage From Trinidad, Angela Wybrow
- We are two Inharmonious Worlds as a Cry, Fatima Nusairat
- Adazeh Ador-Ishama's Horn, Tony Adah
- Stop and Think, Lylo Benant