It took four days only to make me believe that the sky was not going to fall
I was sure four days ago that it would
I should have known better.
The sky never falls.
It waits as always for the day that it does fall.
That is the day when all will be revealed to you in the blink of an eye
The sky falls
Again the sky waits patiently
Again you will believe the sky is falling
Again you will realize that it isn't
Again you see that it is waiting
For the day it will fall on you again
and again and again
Forget the sky for it knows your time better than you
it's clouds hold more promise
flow with them for awhile
enjoy the ride.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Four Days by Rcd Bck )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Flower of Liberty, Oliver Wendell Holmes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- First Day at School, Roger McGough
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- innocence, abdirahman haaji rilwaan
- MOST LIVING PEOPLE, Michael P. Johnson
- Beautiful rose, Andytics mufc
- How Not to Play War, Ima Ryma
- We are here to sing, gajanan mishra
- The Girls And Their Peep Hole, Is It Poetry
- Goodbye dream, Marilyn Jean
- '' You're No Better Than Us '', bri mar
- Becoming Part Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Nineteen Years Since Your Passing, Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthe ..