Four Letter Words (Adult Language)
Four letter words are part of common life,
Utilitarian in their own way.
Crucial when describing edges of strife,
Kenspeckled scratches wherever they lay.
Should they be written in poetic verse?
Hellenists' may swoon or burst through their roof,
Ixion though must have spat the odd curse,
Truthfulness begets the language of truth.
Where words are not the whole being of man,
And fair fragility does not divide.
Neither does using them all that one can,
Kindle or extinguish fires deep inside.
After all they are just words often said,
Sometimes spitting them forth clears out one's head.
Anthony Di'anno's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Four Letter Words (Adult Language) by Anthony Di'anno )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- কবিতাপল্লি, Hanzala Han
- Other Guys, Amber Carr
- I've Got Time, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Vultures Meal, Tiger Auntunette
- Nothing can break the focus., Sumita Jetley
- Ever So Cute, riya misi
- Unlock From Sockets, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- PRAY OUT YOUR PAST, Michael P. Johnson
- Christmas, Titiksa Dugar
- alphabet you two bucks you drive a truck, Mandolyn ...