William Butler Yeats
LOCKE sank into a swoon;
The Garden died;
God took the spinning-jenny
Out of his side.
Where got I that truth?
Out of a medium's mouth.
Out of nothing it came,
Out of the forest loam,
Out of dark night where lay
The crowns of Nineveh.
William Butler Yeats's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fragments by William Butler Yeats )
Did you read them?
- Morning Coffee, Bill Grace
- Happenstance Things, Patti Masterman
- Loot-Hoot-Shoot, Aftab Alam
- The Children See Colors, Hebert Logerie
- Ulterior motive, hasmukh amathalal
- Fast Women Speedily Breathing, Luva Boy
- With contentment, hasmukh amathalal
- Not Mini-Apolis, Von Kimball Barney
- NO TIME WASTED, Peter LeBuhn
- Our World, Claude H Oliver II