To avoid meeting people he goes out of his way
And he has a social phobia those who know better say
And he's never been a member of any sort of club
And he always drinks on his own when he is at the pub.
But those acquainted with him say Fred is a good bloke
And he's not short in humour he does laugh at a joke
And though he's not a group type of person and real friends
he's never had
He is a man of honour and in him nothing bad.
Those who have known him since his school days says he hasn't changed at all
He did not pal around with other boys and with them play football
And in his teen years as he is today he was a loner boy
He never had a girl friend and he always seemed so shy.
A batchelor in his late thirties his brown hair flecked with gray
He's never known a woman's love and single he will stay
His bashfulness prevents him from seeking a female mate
He cannot bring himself to asking one out on a date.
He does seem a nice person articulate and well read
And you won't meet anybody who will speak ill of Fred
But to avoid any sort of socializing he goes out of his way
And he has a 'social phobia' those who know better say.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fred by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- In the End, Gandhi and King Were Murdered, Lawrence Beck
- Love's labor lost, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- mens sana in corpore sano -a healthy mi.., Sadiqullah Khan
- Do not leave us, Sadiqullah Khan
- Regal Grace, Sadiqullah Khan
- Another Lesson Learned, Danielle Mari Nidea
- A Birthday Wish, Adonis Enricuso
- What Why When.......Its Gone Wrong?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Envy, Nassy Fesharaki
- Shattered, Ana Rose Trazo