Your pair of dazzling eyes are like the stars,
Your teeth are moderately white like ivory walls,
Your gentle voice like the stream,
Your aromatic breaths like the Arabian perfume.
I was once a cave man clutched in mental bondage
Before I perceived the summon and an image like me
Through the pitch dark tunnel of memory
And the cave where I left others within you
Towards the new world on your bosom.
Christopher Columbus would have treasured you higher,
Washinton could have subscribed to this new world
Had they known that every hero
Walking towards a height needs women.
I could have compared your wit with Solomon's
But the history which knows him does not know you.
But when I write of you and send the embassage
To the posterity that once upon a time
There was a foetus which secured his freedom through a woman.
Without severing the biblical cord.
I will be your saviour ready to dig the Samaritan well beneath;
Perhaps through this the society will know your face and your kind
And that what a man can do
Queen Aminat of Zauzau did far better.
Johnny Psalm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Even though I am different gender, I am sure that I can't come to existence without the female vessel. Therefore, I'm the product of a woman.
Comments about this poem (Freedom by Johnny Psalm )
- First Day Of School, Joseph T. Renaldi
- The Return, Smoky Hoss
- A poem for a poem, Nikola Pajtic
- Candlelight, Matt Mooney
- High Rollers, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Nightmares at your feet, Nikola Pajtic
- Dying roosters, Nikola Pajtic
- Narcissus, Mark Heathcote
- Birthday, bryan wallace
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mark R Slaughter
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow