Friends are truly beautifl people who
Mean a lot to you.
In the game of life,
They see you through.
Like graceful butterflies
In flight, they
Brighten up your
Days and Nights.
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
We started talking about friendship and how supportive we should be to each other. That's when the light went on, and I composed my greeting card poem.
Over the years, I have handed out this poem to several people. It made us all feel better and good about ourselves. That's what I used to do, hand out poems written by my mother and me.
Comments about this poem (Friends by Roxanne Dubarry )
- Pizza Talk and English Beer, Stacy L. Mar
- Hurting 2, Michael McParland
- Pen it down, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Mountain Parkway, Stacy L. Mar
- Alabama Truck Stops, Stacy L. Mar
- Of Supernovas and Starfire, Stacy L. Mar
- Of You, Who Do Not Know Me, Stacy L. Mar
- The Wind Blowing Backwards, Stacy L. Mar
- Metrazol, Luke J. Holt
- Sliding Into Old Shoes, Stacy L. Mar
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns