Friends are truly beautifl people who
Mean a lot to you.
In the game of life,
They see you through.
Like graceful butterflies
In flight, they
Brighten up your
Days and Nights.
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
We started talking about friendship and how supportive we should be to each other. That's when the light went on, and I composed my greeting card poem.
Over the years, I have handed out this poem to several people. It made us all feel better and good about ourselves. That's what I used to do, hand out poems written by my mother and me.
Comments about this poem (Friends by Roxanne Dubarry )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- The End is Coming, michael hagwood
- A pencil on a painting, Ntando.B Da poet
- Distance, Alex Rodriguez
- Fierceless, Alex Rodriguez
- A Thousand More, Smoky Hoss
- i think i left my hand in yours. go look., Mandolyn ...
- Wild cold of novemeber, Alex Rodriguez
- Far Off, Sentamu Aziz
- Mill By The River, Stratis Havarti
- Take A Stand, Saiom Shriver