Lillian B. Rose
Friends- We (1995)
Who you were.
What day it is.
Where it was we met.
When I saw your first smile.
Why first it was you that spoke.
Who you've known.
What simple words ya said.
Where smiles have survived.
When at length your eyes met mine.
Why a dream inside.
Who knows just -
What you'll say.
Where your head is hidden.
When time is time gone by.
Why is it, but destiny.
Who has always known.
What you want to say.
Where first was a compliment.
When friendship was there all along.
Why you helped me to stand.
Who it is that became an ally.
What happiness I have learnt from you
Where strength of mind and character survive.
When we see each other again.
Why two so different could be friends.
Who we will be.
What we shall do.
Where we will go.
When we will get there, but...
Why ask why.
Lillian B. Rose's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friends- We (1995) by Lillian B. Rose )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Tears of A Woman, Who Can Underatnd .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Is A Groovy Thing, Electric Lady
- I Think, tallulah montegue
- Fill Free, Teye Wayoe Ebenezer
- The Unabridged Treaty, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Fron(t) s, Leylek D. Sovura
- Ode to the Old and Tired, tallulah montegue
- What Sort of Judges Are They Who Conside.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Morning Kiss, Matt Mooney
- A Conservative Guardian Can Only Do Hono.., Bijay Kant Dubey