Lillian B. Rose
Friends- We (1995)
Who you were.
What day it is.
Where it was we met.
When I saw your first smile.
Why first it was you that spoke.
Who you've known.
What simple words ya said.
Where smiles have survived.
When at length your eyes met mine.
Why a dream inside.
Who knows just -
What you'll say.
Where your head is hidden.
When time is time gone by.
Why is it, but destiny.
Who has always known.
What you want to say.
Where first was a compliment.
When friendship was there all along.
Why you helped me to stand.
Who it is that became an ally.
What happiness I have learnt from you
Where strength of mind and character survive.
When we see each other again.
Why two so different could be friends.
Who we will be.
What we shall do.
Where we will go.
When we will get there, but...
Why ask why.
Lillian B. Rose's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friends- We (1995) by Lillian B. Rose )
- I am turning, Aftab Alam
- The Creator is beyond, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Warmth (In Your Arms), Michael McParland
- That Old Man, Ananta Madhavan
- Awake and awake, gajanan mishra
- True-untrue, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- You are see clearly, gajanan mishra
- a dramatic lover.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- under developed.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Escape, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Let Me Die A Youngman's Death, Roger McGough
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)