Can I tell you a secret? Can I open my heart?
Can I trust you forever? Even tho we may part,
Would you lay down your life? As I would do mine!
Regardless of happenings, regardless of time!
Would you think of me truly, when others mistrust?
To ask for my friendship this, really you must!
A friend is a friend, forever to be,
From time of beginning, ‘til eternity!
Acquaintances come, and then they will go,
But a true friend stays with you, this I do know!
Whenever you need them, whenever you fall!
They will be there beside you, or with you,
They’re part of your soul!
George Howard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friendship by George Howard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Waiting for someone, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Net of Death, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Man for Man, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Lost Love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Invisible wall, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Mom, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Emergence from the Pack, william upton
- The Interior Design of Darkness, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- The World Free From Hunger, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- A Farmer Daughter, Zillur Rahman Shuvro