Friendships come and friendships go
Like wave upon sand
Like Day and Night
Like Birds in Flight
Like snowflakes when they land
But my friends are something else
There friendships are here to stay
Like weeds and rocks and dirty socks
It never goes away!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Friendships by Stuart Dingwall )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Listeners, Walter de la Mare
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Raises Eyebrows, Mae AC.
- My Friend Mee Too, Michael P. McParland
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael P. McParland
- My Angel, Michael P. McParland
- Sits up, Mae AC.
- Mee Too You Are Missed, Michael P. McParland
- Mee Too (Words Of Love), Michael P. McParland
- All I Want, Michael P. McParland
- Covers Face, Mae AC.
- Covers Eyes, Mae AC.