Dear family and friends please read the mail,
For I am writing this letter from a jail.
I have tried to explain everything, even why I am here,
Although when I will be out, is not very clear.
On a hot summer afternoon just when I thought of taking a nap,
Some one rang the bell like a maniac, enough for me to snap.
'Who is it? '
'Ha ha madam, its also what is it'
'Ok smart ass what and who and when is it'
'No no madam, no donkey, no when, only who and what on a bike'
'Right.. do not disturb take a hike!
'Hike! where madam, on this foor!
'No not on..., are you going to tell what you want or shall I close the door? '
'Madam it's not what I want, it's what you may though'
'Oh my, this is going to be long, fine tell me fast and then off you go! '
'No no madam not long only oval shape.I want to sell you some new soap.'
'Soap! no I dont want any, sorry to crush your hope'
'Oh wow! no soap how do you cope'
'Excuse me! ! cope with what you dope? '
'With all the dirt and bad body odour and sweat'
'I meant, I have soap and dont want it from you, so no need to fret'
'Oh thank god I thought...'
'Well keep your thoughts to yourself and piss off'
'Piss here Madam! in front of your door! '
'Argh! no not here go some where else and do it you bore'
'But how do you know madam? '
'Know what? '
'That I need to take a piss'
'Are you kidding me? I meant get lost before I call in the police.'
'Lost! Police! ...why madam I am my parents only son, their only hope selling some soap'
'Oh man what will you take to go Mr. hope? '
'Oh no no no Madam, I dont charge to go, only for soap...why did someone charge you for going? '
'What you 'bug' you 'pest' get out before I grab things start throwing'
'Wow madam I dont know, but did you just insult me? '
'Yes Yes Yes, I insulted you, now go before I can count to three '
'Ok madam, but why three mam usually five.....oh my! Mam is that a gun.....'
And this is why my friends I am in a jail,
waiting for some help and a bail.
Soma Mukherjee's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (From Jail by Soma Mukherjee )
- THE COME BACK., Terry Collett
- The smell that brought back memories, Sneha R.V
- About Me, Sreeram Vasudevan
- Maturity, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Exhausted, Paola Degli Esposti
- Emptiness, michael walkerjohn
- Invisible Love, Kumarmani Mahakul
- When Fishes Flew, Gilbert Keith Chesterton
- Restricted And Limited, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Song of Elf, Gilbert Keith Chesterton
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- In The Forest, Sarojini Naidu
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Prayer in Spring, Robert Frost
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- Coromandel Fishers, Sarojini Naidu
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)