Dr John Celes
From Sheep to Shepherd!
The Lord’s my Good Shepherd;
He knows all that I want;
He cares for me all life,
And helps me out of strife.
He walks beside me, so
I need not fear a thing;
He finds a new meadow,
And water pure to drink.
He’ll give his life for me;
No wolves dare scare the sheep;
With staff, he leads the flock
From pastures to the rock.
Some sheep could be shepherds!
God’s calling everyone;
The task is tough but then,
Reward is sure heaven!
To decide then is ours;
To lead the flock like Christ;
- A life of sacrifice;
- A job that’s worth the price!
Which sheep will shepherd turn?
And feed the lambs and sheep;
The calling is from God,
LET RIGHTEOUS HEARTS GIVE NOD!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 28-04-2013
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
why can't you become one?
Comments about this poem (From Sheep to Shepherd! by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- just hoping & wishing, kiranjot kaur thiara
- The Storm Comes, Greg Davidson
- Desert-haiku, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- just searching..: -(, kiranjot kaur thiara
- Blame and aspersion are established on t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The Heat of the Moment, Hannah Bryson Price
- Small Men & Small Hearts As Contemporary.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Genocide, Nassy Fesharaki
- 'Change! ' They Said By P.Lal, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Memories, Sunny Chopra