From This Place Of Repose I Can See All Of Heaven and Earth
There on your side of the valley there are wandering disciples searching under every rock,
sifting through every pile, on each limb, behind each hiding place and yet there prayers go
Why have you come here if not to take up their cause and grant them beneficent reign?
Why have you equipped them with insight and longing?
I see there empty places and feel their thirst, hear their songs of joy even so.
What a remarkable bunch. How they persist.
Why are you here if not to let them find the dial? To grasp the handle?
To use the balancing scale and weigh their souls and all of creation.
Hang them not in your briar patch.
Free us and let us be off on the grand experimental journey to the other side of the hidden valley.
Matthew Roeser's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (From This Place Of Repose I Can See All Of Heaven and Earth by Matthew Roeser )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
Ahmed Nadeem Qasmi
(20 November 1916 - 10 July 2006)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
Poem of the Day
- Alone, Samantha Gronn
- David, Casey Renee Kiser
- She Stuck Her Butt Out At Me..., wanderer sailor
- Nine Views of the Huangshan, Paul Hartal
- Trying to Say Goodbye, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Autumn, Leong Ming Loong
- Colors, Tom Squires
- वक्त का तकाजा है vakt ka takaaja hai, hasmukh amathalal
- A Lesson Learnt, Leong Ming Loong
- Pleasantries (Ghazal), Akhtar Jawad