From within the Unlit Fridge
If I were asked to name a god,
I'd invent one for chocolate.
For this is the substance,
That puts an end to all sadness.
Late at night, out of the unlit fridge,
I pull a very chocolatey, chocolate cake –
Nothing else in the world could sooth me now.
Mark Pollins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (From within the Unlit Fridge by Mark Pollins )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Reasons of existence, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Parents' attachment., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Beloved is giver of light, Mohammad Siddiqui
- In Silence, Lilly Emery
- The difference between you and I., Lauren Harper
- Aag Bun Kar Kisi Din Dehak Jao Na, Akhtar Jawad
- Life, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Soul of the soul of universe, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Day Of Introspection, Mohammad Siddiqui
- We are all beings of light, Mohammad Siddiqui