Where is the future,
down some glistening star-scape hallway awake with time?
What was the future,
before the past corrected this old-new direction of mine?
Who holds the future,
anyone at all, or the whole amalgamation of beings finite combined?
How does the future
escape me even now whilst intertwined in my rhyme?
Why is the future?
Where we were just before looking back at ethereal, sublime
“What have you? ”'s of yourself
Who keep us backtracked like pack rats just trying to design
How well kept up with stuff we are that it's all junk in time?
It's all in vain
for we remain
by reason or logic
compassion or nonsense
my keyboard's dusty and ragged out
it's black with white lines
and without power in the darkness
has no image, That's mine,
and in the end it
all blends in
to the din
Christopher Fladd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Future by Christopher Fladd )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Sir Walter Scott
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Mystic Blake, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Today's World, Leong Ming Loong
- Thoughts in the Moonlight, Luo Zhihai
- Tales Of A Wife: Honeymoon, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Guard well, gajanan mishra
- The Photographer, Ravikumar C.P.
- Tuavatara!, Ravikumar C.P.
- Mystery Caller, Ravikumar C.P.
- Do, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Cinders of Life, Tim Labbe