Paolo Giuseppe Mazzarello
*G) Julius Caesar
At the forum. Enter ANTONY, CASSIUS, BRUTUS, ARTEMIDORUS, a SOOTHSAYER.
ANTONY: Cassius, your hands killed Caesar but now they should do anything else.
CASSIUS: Caesar did not attend to the change of the times.
BRUTUS: I should lay my hands on power.
ANTONY: I shall speak to the people. I believe that they should miss their father.
BRUTUS: Please, I would like speaking before. (At the pulpit) Citizens, we killed the tyrant. We reclaim our parlamentary immunity.
ANTONY: (At the pulpit) Men and women beloved by Caesar, we want to put ourself in Caesar's place against his killers.
ARTEMIDORUS: Soothsayer, Caesar did not read my schedule.
SOOTHSAYER: He knew its content. Here we have patients less clever.
ARTEMIDORUS: Caesar loved Cleopatra and they had a baby together. I did not talk about it.
SOOTHSAYER: Antony will do the same thing in Egypt. Octavius will do the rest all over the world.
Paolo Giuseppe Mazzarello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*G) Julius Caesar by Paolo Giuseppe Mazzarello )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Stay free from desires, gajanan mishra
- G O P....Profiling - The Black Republican, James B. Earley
- Destroy not, gajanan mishra
- I Have Friends, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Leave It As That, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Love & Light, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Ill winds, gajanan mishra
- समनि नायथाय- 06, Ronjoy Brahma
- समनि नायथाय- 05, Ronjoy Brahma
- When I Swore, Fatima Nusairat