It doesn’t matter that your hair’s turned grey;
Meeting up with you still brightens my day.
You may have more lines upon your face,
But you still make my world a better place.
Your walking pace may be slightly slower,
But my opinion of you has grown no lower.
You may now be considered to be an OAP,
But things haven’t changed between you and me.
You’ve experience and wisdom under your belt.
Each time that we meet, you make my heart melt.
You are still someone who I really admire:
My opinion of you could not be much higher.
Life moves on, and each of us grows older,
But the temperature between us grows no colder.
You may be heading for your twilight years,
But you are still someone who I love having near.
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Getting On by Angela Wybrow )
- Fuzzy Fellow, Patrick Czyz
- Feel a human life!, Somanathan Iyer
- Last night, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Erotic Haiku, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Poetry Is Where You Find It IV, Frank Avon
- As major, hasmukh amathalal
- last spring, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Open it happily, hasmukh amathalal
- Footless though, gajanan mishra
- One reason, hasmukh amathalal