How do you live when you can't go outside?
How do you love when inside you've died?
How do you stop the tears when you cry?
Why must we hurt one another to survive?
Can we still live, when our life feels over?
Can we still smile, without feeling some pain?
Can we really believe, it will be okay tomorrow?
Why are we sad, in the dark pouring rain?
Suicides painless, your problems will end;
It only brings new problems, here your pain comes again.
I died in the bathtub, now they've all seen me naked.
My bodies disgusting, why must they all look?
I thought if I went, then that would be it,
But the afterlife’s cruel too, another chapter in my book.
My soul cannot leave here, my past isn't dealt with,
Entombed in this building, 'tis here I must stay.
To haunt is my punishment, I have no choice in it,
I died to end the pain, now I feel it anyway.
I have to watch them love life, when I could never live,
I have to see this family, take over my home.
I am forgotten, unknown by these people,
They must see me, they must feel me, these people must go.
I scare them in the shadows, in their minds I can't be real,
But she felt something, she heard the door slam,
soon I will begin to feel.
My powers are growing, now I can make things move,
I will kill them tonight, it is all they deserve.
They don't believe ghost stories, but that will soon change,
They took this place for their own, without feeling my pain.
I grab a knife from the kitchen and push it through his neck,
I pushed his wife down the stairs and now she is dead.
I killed their children with a pistol,
gave their gran a heart attack,
Now they’re all gone my home is mine again,
I have finally got it back.
You feeling better now my friend? Now there's no-one left alive.
Well my friend there seems to be, something you've overlooked.
Because of you my family are ghosts too,
because of you we all died,
Now it’s us against you friend and I'd say you’re fucked.
You can't hurt me I'm a ghost, ethereal being, can't be touched,
But so are we now my friend and there's seven of us.
One or seven, makes no difference, you can't kill me, I'm dead.
Let's see shall we;
How's this knife feel when I stab it in your leg?
Arrghh! No, this can't be happening, I can't hurt anymore.
Ha ha my friend, we've much more pain to come.
Hold his hand down while I cut him, I want to see the blood pour,
You will feel this pain eternally, our fun has just begun.
(C) 2005 Aa Harvey. All Rights Reserved.
AaI Harvey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ghosts by AaI Harvey )
- Tales Of A Wife: Close To You, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- CREDITOR, Donald R Charon
- Tales Of A Wife: Lady Liberty, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Lament Of Many, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Misguided, Donald R Charon
- NATURE'S INFLUENCE, Donald R Charon
- How Was Your Day?, Donald R Charon
- we never did go bowling, Mandolyn ...
- How To Tie The Knot, Foster Teegarden
- hurry husband, shush my alliteration, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)