Give Me Your Flowers
I would rather have one little rose
From the garden of a friend,
Than to have the choicest flowers
When my stay on earth must end.
I would rather have a pleasant word
In kindness said to me,
Than flattery when my heart is still
And this life has ceased to be.
I would rather have a loving smile
From friends i know are true,
Than tears shed around my casket
When this world i bid adieu.
Bring me all the flowers today,
Whether pink, or white, or red;
I'd rather have one blossom now
Than a truckload when i'm dead.
~ Author Unknown
For my mom....
Michael K...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Give Me Your Flowers by Michael K... )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Poetic Journey, Sandra Feldman
- Start Afresh, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Am, Luc Leclaire
- PTSD, Jennifer Matthews
- The House On Mountain Peek, StarrLee Waterman
- Damaged Heart, StarrLee Waterman
- Wandering Lost Souls Homeless Outcasts, Terence G. Craddock
- one door, binod bastola
- Then and Now, John F. McCullagh
- A CELESTIAL PARTY, Romeo Della Valle