Glacier Bay In Pure Light
Sky makes the scene believable.
Twice the proportions, twice the ice,
At 500 ft, the symmetry
Is the god of piercing blue,
The deity of lonesome liquid,
Pure white and yet sad color
In the cold, in the heart
Of the glacier, and its eyes.
The giant is a testament,
(as giants go: O Goliath)
To be tumbled, to be relieved
Of air in the ice ridden lungs,
Of this temporary hugeness:
A ship of David’s wonder
Who they truly are.
The water, a life outside of pain,
Remembering where a cell rose,
Constant, from one bay to the next,
From one detached chunk on its way
To miracles, to sea homes
Lost in multiple vastness,
In vestibules of cold. Two worlds
Joined under one frozen
Identity; chunks of personality.
(The ones in the know think of
Europa; how close we are, how
Solid the frigid possibilities.)
It is everything
And indifference to motion,
Meropia in the moment,
A prayer to see, touching
What is wide but, also, beyond it.
And where are the ones not here?
Alive in the vision:
Eternity as a painting: art to imbibe.
Lamont Palmer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Glacier Bay In Pure Light by Lamont Palmer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Art of Praying, Dr John Celes
- Auto-Abuse, No Charge, not $7.11 @ 7-11 .., LUVinThe NOW
- we won't even have the circus, Mandolyn Davidson
- doing donuts in the mojave desert, Mandolyn Davidson
- 'Thank You Trees', Christina Sunrise
- gurudarsanam-indian thought, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Ok so my my girlfiend is a nymphpomaniac, cristobal Benjumea
- Your Shot, Your Time, Maverick Jones
- Our Very Limited Time, Jeff Gangwer
- High-octane Lovers, Simon Quperlier