Dr John Celes
God Made Creatures with Divine Love
All things were made by God with love;
Man is one creature made from clay;
All earthlings have a purpose, role;
‘Souled' man goes to the Judgment Day!
God found all creatures made were good;
But man was placed atop the rest;
‘So, love your neighbor, ' Jesus said;
Just man must pass the Final Test.
God made all things with equal love,
But man alone with love unique;
He made him in His own image,
To burn with love like candle, wick!
Can man deride his neighbor then?
Can man look down on creatures all?
Can man hate earthlings, gain heaven?
Can man ignore the Maker's call?
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (God Made Creatures with Divine Love by Dr John Celes )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Death, Rainer Maria Rilke
Poem of the Day
- Dreams are All That Remain, Rohit Sapra
- Flowers By The Roadside, Maurice Rowlands
- You are born to be a poet, ramesh rai
- Beautiful flower, gajanan mishra
- A Fool, crystal ruth
- The Game, douglas scotney
- Cover Me With You, George Dee Vuy
- Loss In A Mirror, Naveed Akram
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock
- Nine Views of the Huang Shang, Paul Hartal