Dr John Celes
God Made Creatures with Divine Love
All things were made by God with love;
Man is one creature made from clay;
All earthlings have a purpose, role;
‘Souled' man goes to the Judgment Day!
God found all creatures made were good;
But man was placed atop the rest;
‘So, love your neighbor, ' Jesus said;
Just man must pass the Final Test.
God made all things with equal love,
But man alone with love unique;
He made him in His own image,
To burn with love like candle, wick!
Can man deride his neighbor then?
Can man look down on creatures all?
Can man hate earthlings, gain heaven?
Can man ignore the Maker's call?
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (God Made Creatures with Divine Love by Dr John Celes )
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Auld Lang Syne, Robert Burns
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
Poem of the Day
- Cr0S$ linked - PrE$$ jUsT pRinT$, sEaN nOrTh
- To my English teacher, Mariam de Haan
- A Prayer For You, Michael P. McParland
- Falsehood Of Man, Tony Adah
- Sunset, gajanan mishra
- Silent Spring, Bijay Kant Dubey
- This world, appiah japheth
- Nation Building, Tony Adah
- A Dance Is A Poem Gesturted Through, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Salvage, appiah japheth