To fold a cat
It must be flat
So that, one could hope,
To put it in an envelope
And mail it to a destination
With very little explanation.
Cats do not appreciate
This flat compressive state
For transformation, dimensionwise
Requires no small compromise
From three dimensions into two
Which tends, I’d say, to imbue
With cats and other types of pets
A quantity of large regrets.
Better transport living friends
In three dimensions, as it lends
Ever more consideration
To minimize expiration.
Flattened cats might have their uses
But it squeezes out their juices,
Weirdly changes animation.
So, I guess, in contemplation,
It’s better yet to leave them be,
A move to which most cats agree.
Jan Sand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Going Postal by Jan Sand )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Be Drunk In Love ~Rumi, LUVinThe NOW
- Bon Boy, Birgitta Heikka
- At the Helm of a Dragon, Steven Rhoads
- I Am Only Human, Lilly Emery
- Happy Birthday To Bri! A Fantastic Step-.., Bri Edwards
- JUST ONE AND SINGLE, Juwon Daniel
- Love is God, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Precious gold, Mark Heathcote
- God is Love- 2, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Power Of The Mighty God, Lilly Emery