Gold and Green
Gold and Green,
some choose gold
and some choose green.
You don't need to be wise,
to choose a wise decision,
just a matter of want.
Let inspiration and desire
decide your decisions
then may you have your dignity
when you listen and fallow.
I have seen the pure insanity,
again, I have seen many things
but I have seen enough
to know enough.
I have seen pure gold,
within the eyes of love
but I have seen too much,
Gold and green,
I have both,
one inside my heart
and one inside my pocket,
but I know enough
and I will empty my pocket.
I choose what I think is wise.
Even if being poor takes much away,
I gain more than green,
I gain Gold.
Malory Joyce's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gold and Green by Malory Joyce )
- Dreaming of Things While I Remain In My .., Rohit Sapra
- Facebooker, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Kidultnap, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Laugh, arshad arshad
- Puzzle of a Lovely Girl's Name!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- E- Humanity, Aamir Joyci
- In Memory of my Mother, George Pfumbi
- I Saw You Today, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Poetry Is Where You Find It IX, Frank Avon
- Touching the Dream, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner, Randall Jarrell
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)