William Henry Ogilvie
‘ He's away ! '- With a quickened wild beat of the heart
Every horseman responds, riding hard for a start,
While back on the breeze with insistence is borne
The clamour of hounds and the call of the horn.
What crowding and crossing! What foaming and fret!
'Don't pull, you old duffer,' we'll get to them yet I '-
‘ Confound that slow tailor up there on the bay!
Does the fellow not know that a fox is away? '
Hark! Something like music! Ye gods, how they chime !
'Excuse me ! '_ ‘ Go on, then ! ' 'Oh, dash it, take time ! '
Don't cross me, confound you I '-' They're running some clip ! '-
'Look out for that pony ! '-' Way, there, for the Whip ! '
There's some one got kicked, and he's stopping to curse;
But we're clear of the crowd and it might have been worse.
The pick of the vale is the line he has gone.
‘ Gar'r away on to him ! Gar' away on !'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gone Away by William Henry Ogilvie )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Mysterious Beauty, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Complex Mind, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Twin stars, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Triangle Love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- In this city, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Silent Assassin, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Sweet Babe, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- La cura' el mate, Leónidas Lamborghini
- Cymbal of time, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- বিবেকের দংশন, Amitava Sur