Jesus got up one day a little later than usual. He had been dream-
ing so deep there was nothing left in his head. What was it?
A nightmare, dead bodies walking all around him, eyes rolled
back, skin falling off. But he wasn't afraid of that. It was a beau-
tiful day. How 'bout some coffee? Don't mind if I do. Take a little
ride on my donkey, I love that donkey. Hell, I love everybody.
James Tate's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Goodtime Jesus by James Tate )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- unanswered, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- passwords, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- lullabies, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- aftertaste, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- Beauty is everywhere, Maurice Whyte
- amiss, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- just sad, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- Brilliant Story-Telling Ability, Margaret Alice Second
- As promised..., Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- Love True, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma