Build me up a grand structure so sturdy and strong. Their bulldozers and sledgehammers be damned no force can knock it down.
Take me far away, so far we can start a new life together just you and me where no one else can follow.
Cuz the way I see it in society we are wanted dead more so than alive.
Please do not lead me astray.
I do not have time for games if your by my side the combined strength of what we are could outlast the entire duration of hate.
Once it has subsided we will be stronger in love with each other and what we have put into the structure.
A structure we could call home.
Anthony Daniels's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grand Structure by Anthony Daniels )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Groom is the Cadaver, Pintu Mahakul
- Sleep deprived, Matthew Holloway
- More Than Just Memories, David Whalen
- Legacy, Matthew Holloway
- EVERY ACTION HAS ITS REACTION لكل فعل رد.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Hatred Is Black, Rich Reitz
- EVERY ACTION ITS REACTION لكل فعل ردة فعله, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Happiness Is Gold, Rich Reitz
- Can't Go Home Again, Rich Reitz
- Seagull Halo, Saiom Shriver