Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Blok
Grass Was Pushing Through
Grass was pushing through earth by the graves, we've forgot.
We've forgot yesterday… We've forgot every word…
Only silence around us sings…
Whether You're not alive? Whether You're not a flash
Due this death of them gone, of them burned to the ash's?
Whether your own heart is not spring?
Only here to breath by these graves and these stones,
Where composed I once those beautiful songs
Of the meeting that's waiting for us…
Where at first into my waxen-colorless face
You had breathed with fresh air of the distant life's grace,
Pushing through as the graveyard's green grass…
Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Blok's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grass Was Pushing Through by Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Blok )
- Something still present, Tadasha Tripathy
- Cycling in Flanders 2, Stratis Havarti
- A study in what not to do, Christopher Withers
- Critical Thinking, Nassy Fesharaki
- LIKE AN ASTEROID, Satish Verma
- Stay as unit, hasmukh amathalal
- I shall change, hasmukh amathalal
- Egg, Olufayo Ezekiel
- The grass, gajanan mishra
- But we are one, gajanan mishra