Wake up. Okay,
The world is still all here.
Something will happen today
I feel it in my bones.
The neighbours f*ck
The dogs bark
The weather is paramount,
We are not amused.
A whore on the street sells her petals
Of life to the dead.
Men in suits sell approximations
Of death to the dying.
A baby bursts from the gut.
It's all quite the dirty business
Men try to look serious.
Women talk like the men
Or burden indifference like weights.
The children sit on the rocks.
Pictures of death in red crayon.
Some people are born complete.
Others are born in pieces
Like a jigsaw puzzle,
They cannot put themselves together.
Floyd Zimmerman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Great Expectations by Floyd Zimmerman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Love, engeli montalla
- two punk rockers, lee fones
- That Terrible Motel Room, Jose Armando Guzman
- Green and Grey, Jose Armando Guzman
- HAD WE......................, WE WOULD H.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Purple Blossom, Ruth Walters
- The Woman, mark wilkinson
- Eating the Human Flesh, Genevieve Pilat
- Wonders of Being Pretty, Genevieve Pilat
- I LOVE YOUR LIPS, Yoseph Lupu