Green is the beautiful grass,
Luscious under our feet.
Gentle and calm, a color so sweet.
With it, God painted the world until his satisfaction was complete.
Green is the color we see all around.
Green is the clovers we see on the ground.
Green is the home and protection of the wild,
Green stains are left on clothes after playtime for a child.
Green isn't always good, for it's the color of greed,
The color of peas we must eat (it's not an easy deed) .
Green is in your stomach and the emptiness you feel,
When you take a wild ride on a coaster of twisting steel.
Green is a tree hidden in the forest,
Or that little green store owned by Betty the florist.
Green plays across our minds like a little wooden fife,
Green is the elaborate, well-defined, picture frame of life.
Alex M.ller's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Green by Alex M.ller )
- Life, Soul Watcher
- Song of Myself, LII, Walt Whitman
- Bharatheeyakavitha-3, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Childhood is the Kingdom Where Nobody Dies, Edna St. Vincent Millay
- Gone From My Sight, Henry Van Dyke
- When I Die, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- A LONG NIGHT, Satish Verma
- Ideals And Ethical Dreams, Margaret Alice Second
- Inner Peace, Leong Ming Loong
- God! ! man, SALINI NAIR
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Tiger, William Blake
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The British, Benjamin Zephaniah
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)