Please don't talk about the GREEN
of old Asturias (worse-known than Ireland) :
let's talk about the GREENS instead.
Let's note the sharp, deep gloss of holly
or the dense shine of grass
(so green it hurts, a southerner once said)
or odd imported shades like greyish eucalyptus
or tall dark pines and firs
with bright slim shoots on branch-tips.
Let's speak of light new growth on frail mimosas
or multi-coloured moss on dry-stone walls,
short unfurling leaves on native trees
or sad pale lichens on dead twigs.
So please don't talk about the GREEN;
count all the GREENS instead!
Robert Melliard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Green Asturias by Robert Melliard )
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam
- The African Spirit, Gbolagade Taiwo
- For ones who Mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Just When You Dont Know What To Say, Say.., OLUMIDE FAMILUSI
- This was the day when i died, surendra jakhar
- Postman, Naveed Khalid
- Nightmare, Naveed Khalid
- Snowdon, Naveed Khalid
- Right is Right, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan